How to manage winter gritting during prolonged cold spells
Reliability is the number one requirement for winter gritting and snow clearance service providers, especially during prolonged spells of freezing temperatures. It should be closely backed up by consistent high standards of communication, monitoring and customer care.
What guarantees reliability
When choosing a contractor for winter gritting and snow clearance you will be looking at the fundamentals that determine if an operator will always get to your specific site when they are needed. Here are some essentials of how OUTCO works, its credentials and investment in technology to answer that question, and how we can be relied on, on the busiest nights of the winter season.
Reliable winter gritting service
- Latest weather forecasting: accurate and specific localised road temperature forecasts
- Award-winning systems: forecast data is integrated into our bespoke system (NIMBUS) to automatically activate and schedule winter service
- Real-time tracking: GPS breadcrumb tracking for proactive proof of service delivery
- Nationwide coverage: local teams ensure we have people near you, with 500+ vehicles on the road
- Guaranteed winter salt stock: 250+ strategically located salt depots.
Full management and support over winter
Communication and monitoring are the most visible parts of winter service. The delivery for the most part goes on out of sight and broadly unnoticed if a fully managed service is doing its work properly to remove risk. Thoroughly check the care that is taken upfront to set up your site and what level of access you have to timely information knowledgeable contact points and comprehensive insurance.
Support and control
- Single point of contact: account manager to ensure quality of service and care
- Full visibility: pre and post service notifications, real-time updates
- Knowing your site: full site surveys, risk assessments and method statements eliminate risk and avoid issues
- 24/7 support: contact us via our help desk and customer portal
- Full liability protection: our service is backed up by our comprehensive insurance and documented evidence of service to prove your duty of care
- Control: historic site service records and billing on the customer portal, plus monthly attendance report.
Find out how our all-round team delivers tech-enabled smart winter maintenance and other services…
Related posts from OUTCO
With over two decades of expertise in winter gritting, OUTCO’s operational team has more experience than any other winter services provider in the UK