Keeping critical UK infrastructure open and safe with winter gritting services
OUTCO has been providing snow-clearing and winter gritting services to much of the UK’s critical infrastructure and service providers, ensuring people are kept safe and sites operational during the cold spell that’s currently gripping the country.
The freezing conditions have put a strain on many parts of the UK’s infrastructure and energy system, and many schools have experienced widespread disruption from the freezing winter weather. We have been delivering our snow clearing and winter gritting services to key sites across the country and understand the complex challenges facing today’s hospitals, emergency services, transport, utilities and logistic service providers.
OUTCO works in partnership to ensure critical and essential services remain operational, compliant and safe:
- Medical: hospitals, NHS organisations, ambulance services and local surgeries
- Utilities: power and energy providers
- Rescue: fire and emergency services
- Education: schools, colleges and universities
- Transport: railways, airports, bus depots and ports
- Enforcement: police forces and prisons
- Logistics: postal services, couriers and transport hubs.
OUTCO are your flexible winter gritting service provider
We understand and adapt our winter services to the unique requirements of each site.
- Able to adapt and react to situations at short notice
- Flexible scheduling that adapts to unforeseen emergencies
- Variable staffing requirements
- Last-minute changes
- Week-by-week changes.
Keeping you in control
Our reporting and client-focused IT platform keeps you in control and provides up-to-date information 24/7. Our experience ensures your operations run smoothly and are not disrupted. We are your invisible team in the background, supporting you 365 days per year.
- Regular scheduled customisable reports
- Real-time service tracking and reporting
- Visibility into activity at unmanned sites
- GPS-tracked vehicles and operatives
- KPI’s aligned to your needs.
Consistent high level of service
OUTCO predominantly delivers our winter services through a self-delivery model and our in-house operatives are all fully trained to ensure that we provide a consistent and high level of service.
- Services delivered by in-house operatives
- Consistent and reliable levels of service
- Improved knowledge and familiarity of sites
- Extra set of eyes and ears across your sites to report back any issues before they develop.
Find out how our all-round team delivers tech-enabled smart winter maintenance and other services…
Related posts from OUTCO
DIY Winter Gritting for Businesses: A Safe and Effective Approach. DIY gritting can be a cost-effective alternative for businesses with the necessary resources and expertise.
The UK is no stranger to the extreme of winter weather. Throughout its history, the country has faced several extreme winter snow years, each leaving an indelible mark on infrastructure and the lives of our citizens.