GROUNDS MAINTENANCE SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER – LEEDS
The role of the Service Delivery Manager (SDM) within the OUTCO Grounds Maintenance Division, is to manage team performance, controlling service quality and ensuring it is delivered in a safe, efficient, and professional manner. It is an operational role, leading, monitoring, and supervising delivery teams. It will require first response to ‘ad-hoc’ and ‘customer requests’, forging a link to delivery and management personnel.
The SDM’s focus is on keeping clients satisfied with the company’s services, fixing any reliability issues, tracking service metrics, adhering to budgets, and helping lead the teams responsible for getting services delivered to clients in a safe and professional manner, in accordance with client specifications and OUTCO policies and procedures.
The role will be based out of the Leeds depot (LS11 9PR), but will be predominantly field based with travel around the North.
• Contribute fully to the effective running of OUTCO contracts
• Participate in securing the long-term future of contracts
• Provide the leadership required to meet company objectives
• Maintain & develop good relationships with existing clients and suppliers, by managing and meeting the various business requirements
• Drive team performance to ensure full utilisation, high levels of productivity and specified outputs, providing reports to the management team.
• Report staff issues, absence and concerns, adhering to company procedures and polices
• Assist in the recruitment, training and motivating of staff under your supervision
• Monitor the performance of the operation through the proper reporting procedures
• Proactively target additional business: reporting opportunities for additional revenues and assisting in the tendering and pricing of works
• Take responsibility for health and safety at the point of delivery, undertaking risk assessments, monitoring the implementation of control measures, and actively participate in the maintenance and improvement of the overall Company Health and Safety culture
• Report all accidents, near misses, and any health, safety and environmental concerns raised.
• Be the first point of contact for escalations, and problem resolution.
• Focused on problem, cause, solution to support continual development.
• Keep abreast of current horticulture techniques and help establish training programmes for employees.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has 2- 3 years’ relevant service delivery management experience in grounds maintenance and be a good mentor/ leader for the team.
• Possesses good management and operational skills, and is responsive to client requests.
• Is able to deputise for the Contracts Manager and multitask to deliver results and find solutions in an ever-changing environment.
• Has experience in leading a team where the customer is at the heart of the business.
• Can demonstrate success in improved service delivery and customer satisfaction.
• Focusses on the career growth and development of team members.
• Has good IT skills, with strong knowledge of MS Office (Strong Word and Excel) and databases.
• Has good command and excellent knowledge of the English language; both written and verbal.
• Has a recognized training SMSTS qualification.
• Has a clean, valid drivers’ licence (company vehicle will be provided)
This is an exciting opportunity to join OUTCO, in return for the right candidate we offer:
• Location – Field based out of Leeds depot with extensive travel around Yorkshire & NE areas
• Full time, permanent role, standard hours are 7am -3pm Mon-Fri with some flexibility during busy periods
• Hours – 40 per week
• Annual leave –25 days + bank holidays
• Salary – competitive
• Auto Enrolment pension – NEST
• Access to online company benefits – online/high street shopping vouchers/discounts/wellbeing centre
• Career growth and further development
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are values that are central to our success, come and see for yourself.