QUANTITY SURVEYOR (SOUTH)
OUTCO is looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor for our Surfacing & Infrastructure (SIS) Division. The role is based at our Stevenage office with part of the week home based and will cover the Southern region of the UK.
The role of the Quantity Surveyor (QS) is to manage the surfacing and civil engineering project costs and value to ensure the delivery of projects that are commercially viable, achieve the employers requirements and represent value for money.
• Contract Review – review of client issued contracts, letters of intent and purchase orders.
• Management of Contractual notifications and obligations.
• Change Control – variation/compensation event pricing management and agreement.
• Sub-contract packages of work, take offs from works information and development of Bills of quantities to be sublet.
• Sub-contract tendering, negotiation and letting.
• Sub-contract management and payment.
• Management of supplier non-conformance and remedial works cost recovery.
• Site surveying, progress reporting and ensuring the required works specifications are achieved.
• Ensuring that the costs of the project do not exceed the agreed budget and that the project equals or exceeds the agreed profit margin.
• Maintaining accurate reporting and excellent internal and external communication.
• Experience of Health & Safety, including production and application of risk assessments and method statements is essential, together with knowledge of the requirements of CDM and its application by Principal Contractors.
• Accountable for the highest standards of safety, health and welfare for everyone on site, visitors and the general public.
• Fully engage and adopt commercial business process to ensure commercial viability of projects.
• Review existing commercial business process and make recommendations for ongoing improvements.
• Support the review and improvement of QS processes and activities, through the provision of accurate and insightful data.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor within highly commercial organisations, where the customer is at the heart of the business.
• Relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying / Commercial Management.
• Proven track record in successfully managing projects.
• Qualified in Contract administration (JCT and/or NEC)
• Has experience with surfacing and civils projects.
• Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook & Excel)
• Has a clean, valid drivers’ licence.
• Experience working face to face with clients and internal stakeholders
• Flexible with regards to travel, out of hours’ duties and perform weekend work if required.
· Full time, permanent role, standard hours are 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri.
• Location – Stevenage office with flexibility to work from home part of the week and frequent travel to client sites
• Hours – 37.5 per week
• Annual leave –25 days + bank holidays
• Salary – competitive
• Auto Enrolment pension – NEST
• Access to online company benefits – online/high street shopping vouchers/discounts/wellbeing centre
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion are values that are central to our success, come and see for yourself.